When choosing the right dental implants for your treatment, finding the right specialist will make sure that you’ll have a positive experience and promising results. Getting this treatment requires surgery; therefore, you need to entrust this treatment to the right specialist may it be front tooth replacement or at replacement at the molars. For this reason, you need to be thorough when looking for the right expert and ask as many questions as you can when picking a specialist. These specialists have the training and experience that takes several years to master which is why it is necessary to find the right doctor with excellent credentials. Here, we go over some points to consider when you are looking for a specialist.
Ask For Referrals
If any of your friends or family members had a successful procedure, feel free to ask who did their treatment. When you get the specialist’s website, do check their website. If there is contact information listed, call or email them and ask any questions, or best yet, schedule a consultation visit.
Look at Their Results and Testimonials
Most specialists have pictures of their work placed on the wall of their dental office or compiled in an album on their website. The reviews and testimonials of their patients are also crucial in determining the success of the tooth implant placement, customer service, and the atmosphere of their dental office. You can find a lot of information by simply visiting their website or social media pages.
View Their Credentials
Their results speak for the quality of their work, but even if they have wonderful reviews and show promising treatment results, you still need to check if he or she is qualified. You can search for the name of the specialist online to see where they went to school, any continuing courses they take, and the legality of their credentials.
Take Time During The Consultation
You need to be thorough during your consultation appointment. Make sure to tell them any of your dental concerns and listen to what he or she recommends for your case. Be sure to ask questions that you are unclear or unsure of. You can ask for the longevity of dental implants performed at their practice, how long they will last, can you get implants in the same day, and more.
Make Sure You’re Comfortable
Your overall experience in the dental office says a lot about the results of your treatment. It doesn’t matter if you are getting a single implant, one-day implants, to support multiple teeth or a full set of teeth placed permanently over the jaw with an all-on-4, if you’re not comfortable and well cared- for, by your staff, you won’t have a successful procedure, recovery, and overall experience.
Read further Common Questions Before Getting All-on-4 Implants.
A Quick list of Questions to Ask
When you are looking for the right specialist for your dental implants, a good idea is to ask questions to the specialist and staff in the office. Below are some of the questions you can ask:
- What are the office hours? Do they work with your schedule?
- Does the office participate with your Dental plan? Would they Bill them first?
- Where did the specialist go to school? Did they have any sort of training? Did he or she complete the training?
- Is the office near your home or place of work?
- How much does Dental Implants in a Day Cost?
- How much do dental implants cost with insurance?
- Do they offer emergency services? What type of emergency services are offered?
- How much is the fee of the professional? Are they upfront with the fees? We wouldn’t want any hidden charges.
- How long is the wait time for the appointments in the waiting area?
- Are the staff and specialists helpful in answering your questions?
- Peri-implant diseases: Consensus Report of the Sixth European Workshop on Periodontology
- Rhinosinusitis in oral medicine and dentistry https://doi.org/10.1111%2Fadj.12193