Published on May 25, 2020, Updated on August 28, 2020
What We are Doing to Keep You and Our Team Safe
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions.
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatments rooms to eliminate contact surfaces.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the office.
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the office.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Introduce an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedure of all surfaces between patients.
- Increased vacuum power to reduce aerosols.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Longer appointment times to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Highland Oak Dental